This course teaches students how to use the enhancements and new features that have been added to SQL Server and the Microsoft data platform since the release of SQL Server 2008. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server 2014 product features and other Microsoft data platform components.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
· Describe key features and capabilities of SQL Server 2014.
· Leverage new and enhanced features to develop database in SQL Server 2014.
· Use in-memory database capabilities in SQL Server 2014.
· Manage SQL Server 2014 by using dynamic management views and PowerShell.
· Implement security in SQL Server 2014.
· Implement high-availability and data recovery techniques in SQL Server 2014.
· Use SQL Server 2014 Integration Services.
· Use SQL Server 2014 Data Quality Services.
· Use SQL Server 2014 Master Data Services.
· Manage SQL Server 2012 Agent and Jobs.
· Implement a tabular data model in SQL Server 2014 Analysis Services.
· Implement a Self-Service BI solution with Microsoft Excel 2013.
· Describe key elements of cloud solutions for data.
· Implement a database in Windows Azure SQL Database.
· Implement a SQL Server database in a Windows Azure virtual machine.
· Implement a Big Data solution with Windows Azure HDInsight and the Windows Azure Marketplace.