This course describes how to assess operating system and application deployment options, determine the most appropriate deployment strategy, and then implement a lite-touch or zero-touch deployment solution for Windows devices and apps. Solutions covered in this course include operating system deployment scenarios using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) and System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
· Assess the network environment for supporting operating system and application deployment.
· Determine operating system deployment strategies.
· Assess application compatibility.
· Plan and implement user state migration.
· Determine an image management strategy.
· Prepare for deployments using the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (Windows ADK).
· Support PXE-initiated and multicast operating system deployments.
· Implement operating system deployment by using the MDT.
· Implement operating system deployment by using System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager.
· Integrate MDT and Configuration Manager for operating system deployment.
· Activate clients and manage additional configuration settings.
· Deploy Office 2013.