Manage Subscriptions and Resources
This course teaches IT Professionals how to manage their Azure subscriptions, including access, policies, and compliance, as well as how to track and estimate service usage and related costs. Students also learn how cloud resources are managed in Azure through user and group accounts. Students learn how to grant appropriate access to Azure AD users, groups, and services through Role-based access control (RBAC). Students also discover the core monitoring tools and capabilities provided by Azure, including Azure Alerts and Activity Log. Students are then introduced to Log Analytics as a broad data analytics solution, and use this service to query and analyze operational data. Students then learn about the Azure Resource Manager deployment model, and how to work with resources, resource groups and ARM templates.
Because this course is the first course in the series for the Azure Administrator exams, there is a considerable amount of foundational content that is covered here in order to prepare students for the remaining courses in the curriculum. So students are provided with a lesson that covers tips and tricks for working in the Azure portal, as well as an introduction to key tools used in the Azure environment, such as the Cloud Shell and Resource Explorer. Emphasis is laid on PowerShell and the command line interface (CLI) as important skills to acquire not only in preparation for the exam but for the job role itself.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Manage Azure subscriptions and billing, and implement Azure policies.
- Implement access management with Azure users, groups, and role-based access control.
- Use Azure Monitor to configure Azure alerts and review the Azure Activity Log.
- Query and analyze Log Analytics data.
- Deploy resources with ARM templates and organize Azure resources.
- Optimize your use of Azure tools like the Azure portal, Azure PowerShell, Cloud Shell and the Azure CLI.