The Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies (SCOR) v1.0 course helps you prepare for the Cisco® CCNP® Security and CCIE® Security certifications and for senior-level security roles. In this course, you will master the skills and technologies you need to implement core Cisco security solutions to provide advanced threat protection against cybersecurity attacks. You will learn security for networks, cloud and content, endpoint protection, secure network access, visibility and enforcements. You will get extensive hands-on experience deploying Cisco Firepower Next-Generation Firewall and Cisco ASA Firewall; configuring access control policies, mail policies, and 802.1X Authentication; and more. You will get introductory practice on Cisco Stealthwatch Enterprise and Cisco Stealthwatch Cloud threat detection features.
This course, including the self-paced material, helps prepare you to take the exam, Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies (350-701 SCOR), which leads to the new CCNP Security, CCIE Security, and the Cisco Certified Specialist - Security Core certifications.
This course will help you prepare to take the Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies (350-701 SCOR) exam. This exam tests a candidate's knowledge of implementing and operating core security technologies.
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe information security concepts and strategies within the network
- Describe common TCP/IP, network application, and endpoint attacks
- Describe how various network security technologies work together to guard against attacks
- Implement access control on Cisco ASA appliance and Cisco Firepower Next-Generation Firewall
- Describe and implement basic email content security features and functions provided by Cisco Email Security Appliance
- Describe and implement web content security features and functions provided by Cisco Web Security Appliance
- Describe Cisco Umbrella security capabilities, deployment models, policy management, and Investigate console
- Introduce VPNs and describe cryptography solutions and algorithms
- Describe Cisco secure site-to-site connectivity solutions and explain how to deploy Cisco IOS VTI-based point-to-point IPsec VPNs, and point-to-point IPsec VPN on the Cisco ASA and Cisco FirePower NGFW
- Describe and deploy Cisco secure remote access connectivity solutions and describe how to configure 802.1X and EAP authentication
- Provide basic understanding of endpoint security and describe AMP for Endpoints architecture and basic features
- Examine various defenses on Cisco devices that protect the control and management plane
- Configure and verify Cisco IOS Software Layer 2 and Layer 3 Data Plane Controls
- Describe Cisco Stealthwatch Enterprise and Stealthwatch Cloud solutions
- Describe basics of cloud computing and common cloud attacks and how to secure cloud environment