Configuring and Deploying a Private Cloud (retired 31-1-2018 vervangende training 20537)
This course equips students with the skills they require to configure and deploy a cloud using Microsoft System Center 2012 R2. Using hands-on labs, students learn the following:
At Course Completion
After completing this course students will be able to:
· Plan for a hybrid cloud.
· Configure and deploy a private cloud with Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager.
· Extend and maintain the cloud infrastructure.
· Configure application delivery for a cloud.
· Create private cloud building blocks.
· Deploy and access private clouds.
· Monitor the cloud infrastructure.
· Extend and customize monitoring of the cloud infrastructure.
· Implement service management for the cloud.
· Configure high availability, disaster recovery and protection for a cloud.
· Automate and standardize the cloud.
· Configure a multi-tenant cloud.
- Produce a high-level design that accounts for requirements for cloud environments.
- Configure and deploy the cloud fabric.
- Configure a PXE server, an update server, and a software update baseline.
- Configure Microsoft Server Application Virtualization (App-V) so that it can be used to sequence and deploy an application virtually.
- Build the core components necessary for delivering services on the fabric.
- Allocate resources to a cloud and grant access to a cloud.
- Understand how to monitor clouds using Operations Manager.
- Understand the tools necessary to extend and customize Operations Manager for cloud environments.
- Set up, configure, and integrate the core components of Service Manager into a cloud fabric.
- Configure a service catalog, and then publish it to the Self-Service Portal.
- Gain the knowledge necessary to deploy and configure Data Protection Manager in a cloud.
- Deploy and configure Orchestrator in a cloud, and then integrate it with other System Center components.